1 tin KTC chickpeas
2 tbs KTC vegetable oil
1 medium chopped onion
½ tin KTC chopped tomatoes
2 tsp KTC minced ginger & garlic paste
2 Fresh green chillies slit lengthwise
½ tsp cumin powder
½ tsp coriander powder
½ tsp garam masala powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp chilli powder
2 tsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
Salt to taste
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan. Saute the onions till transparent. In the meantime drain the water from the can of chickpeas
- Wash the chickpeas 2 or 3 times with cold running water, drain and keep aside
- When the onions have become translucent, add the tomatoes and sauté until softened.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste, green chillies and all the powders. Fry for two minutes.
- Add the chickpeas. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add a cup of water and salt and simmer on a low heat for 7 – 8 minutes.
Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with batura, rice or naan bread.
KTC are sponsoring the Streatham Food Tour.